Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
> I am looking to get more Ethernet ports into a pfsense box, and can see 2
> options.
>
> 1: Buy a 4-port PCI card (not those which only have a hub, obviously).
> They're pretty expensive compared with single cards that also just work. Can
> someone recommend a cheap one which is known to work with pfsense?
>
> 2: Use USB-Ethernet adapters. The freebsd compatibility list lists a few.
> Should I expect any problems using these with pfsense?

3. replace the motherboard with one that contains more on-board NICs and
more PCI slots?

4. use vlans (others have suggested this so I'll not elaborate

5. use multiple firewalls if you can sub-net and divide traffic, either
by having multiple front-ends, or, cascading if lots of different
internal networks.

?