On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 6:31 PM, Tortise <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have been testing NAT with UDP and a port range of  10001 - 16383.   This
> is on 1.2 final, embedded on i386.

You might want to disable NAT reflection (System->Advanced if my
memory serves) if you need to redirect that large of a range.  Of
course, you'll need to have a properly architected split-DNS to
achieve this :)

> OK revert to original wide range the following is logged:
> Apr 24 11:20:02  php: : Not installing nat reflection rules for a port range
> > 500
> Apr 24 11:19:53  login: login on console as root
> Apr 24 11:19:51  php: /ifstats.php: [DEBUG] Lock recursion detected.
>
> Seems the DEBUG message is a bug that you might wish to know about?

Thanks, not sure, but we'll look into it.

> Of course I can enter 13 NAT blocks of ~ 500 ports each to achieve the
> required range of 6382 ports, is that intended by design in these days of
> VOIP?

Not sure - all VOIP I've done the connections are all outbound from my
network to the phone system.  I wouldn't have expected such a large
range to be forwarded inbound.  Maybe someone with more VOIP
experience can comment.