Am 07.05.2008 um 00:21 schrieb Gary Buckmaster:

Ernesto Eduardo Medina Núñez wrote:
Hi I'm new to BSD and pfsense.
I want to boot pfsense from my usb pen drive but my BIOS it's old and can't boot from a USB drive.

Sombody can help me?

Note: I don't have Hard Drive nor Floppy Disk, I just have:
-Cd-rom drive
-1GB USB pen drive with pfsense installed (it works I tested it on my laptop)
- the pfsense cd,
- computer with 3 network cards.
- celeron proccesor (333) very old!

--
Lalo: Just do it, life is too short
If your BIOS is too old to boot from a USB drive, but you want to boot from a USB drive, what could you possibly expect us to do?

Get an adapter, so you can connect a micro drive to ATA and boot from that.

There's no magic.

Can't you boot from CD and put the rules on USB?

I've never done that, but IIRC, pfsense can do that.

Rainer
--
Rainer Duffner
CISSP, LPI, MCSE