If BIOS does not support booting from USB then no operating system can help
because the BIOS is the first intelligence to the processor which directs the
computer to devices.

Looks like you should boot from pfsense liveCD and then configure the rules to
be saved on the USB drive.

Ideally save your current config.xml file on any USB drive root.  Remove all
other files even if they don't matter....(just keeps it clean)

And then boot from CD.  The pfsense should recognize the USB drive and the
config file.  Leave the CD in there for future power cyles.
Hope this helps.

Ernesto Eduardo Medina Núñez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi I'm new to BSD and
pfsense.
I want to boot pfsense from my usb pen drive but my BIOS it's old and can't
boot from a USB drive.

Sombody can help me?

Note: I don't have Hard Drive nor Floppy Disk, I just have:
 -Cd-rom drive
-1GB USB pen drive with pfsense installed (it works I tested it on my laptop)
- the pfsense cd,
- computer with 3 network cards.
- celeron proccesor (333) very old!

--