From: Chris Buechler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 4:58 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] Unable to install pfSense 1.2 LiveCD

Atkins, Dwane P wrote:

> I am attempting to install pfSense on a Dell PowerEdge RS200 server.
>

> This has a 64 bit ES4500 2.2 Ghz Processor with 1 GB memory and 80 gig

> SATA hard drive.
>

> The install goes so far and then I start getting ad4: and acd0 errors
> (errors that occur on ad4 seem to occur on acd0
>

> acd0: SET FEATURE ENABLE RCACHE:  task timeout  completing request
> directly
>
> acd0: SET FEATURE ENABLE WCACHE task timeout  completing request
directly

SATA support in FreeBSD 6.2 doesn't always work well, 6.3 has proven to
work much better with any box with SATA devices. I suggest trying this
iso:
http://cvs.pfsense.org/~sullrich/testing_images/6/FreeBSD_RELENG_6_3/pfS
ense_RELENG_1_2/

Which is pfSense 1.2 with a FreeBSD 6.3 base. There are about a dozen
people running it in production, it works fine. It's similar to what
1.2.1 will be.