From: Dean Larson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 May 2008 01:28 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: RE: [pfSense Support] Where do I put squid ?

i think it would be cool to route http traffic to the squid box, but put a
rule just infront of it to allow your squid box to go out the firewall.  for
security i would not allow a second nic to go out the squid box onto the
internet.

i myself set up the browsers manually for the squid box.  at another gig i
had, we put a file on a server that gave the browser setting: included proxy
settings as well as browser bypass for local browsing.  it's been a while,
so i'd have to do some digging through my old files.  : i'm a bit brain dead
today