Dear List and especially pfSense maintainers, Bill, Chris, Scott et al.

I upgraded to 1.2 over a month ago.

The above issue (and the earlier "pfSense hanging...") have not recurred since
the upgrade.

I was not aware of a particular fix that might have addressed this, however
looking around it is clear zillions of code changes are noted, it seems very
likely the issue was addressed.  (since 1.2 RC2 clearly exhibited the problem)

Another possibility is the ISP made a change that eliminated the issue.

I feel the former is more likely an explanation.  I suppose if I was keen I
could put back in the old CF card with the previous 1.2 RC2 installation and I
guess that might prove it either way.  If that would help someone do let me
know.

I also note PPTP seems to connect much faster and reliably.

It gives me great pleasure to express my gratitude to the people involved.  Now
that I have learned my away around it, (at a certain level that is!) I think
pfSense is pretty cool.

Kindest regards
David Hingston