I have the exact same problem.
Updated yesterday to PFsense 1.2 (FreeBSD 6.3) based with the updated
HAL driver but still have tons of "IN" errors.

ALIX board (latest bios installed) using either CM9 or wlm54abg 200mW as
wireless card with 2 antenna setup. Installed on Microdrive using
embedded kernel but else "writable" setup.

Played with sysctl settings to no avail.
In errors stilll here after playing with the following paramters in
almoast every combination:

hw.ath.txbuf: 3000
hw.ath.rxbuf: 6000
dev.ath.0.txantenna: 2
dev.ath.0.rxantenna: 2
dev.ath.0.diversity: 0
dev.ath.0.tpscale: 1
dev.ath.0.tpc: 1

There no real "better" settings situation from what I can tell, so I too
 "blame" the problems on the driver or on a issue with the hardware.

Regards, Simon