> try leaving local network and remote network empty... so

Thanks for the suggestion, still not working.

With OpenVPN server's 'local network' setting empty, as you suggest, I get:

- the same lack of routing to the LAN

- I don't get OpenVPN client error "ERROR: FreeBSD route add command
failed: shell command exited with error status: 1"

- I do get OpenVPN client error "openvpn[12906]: WARNING: using
--pull/--client and --ifconfig together is probably not what you want"

Thinking about it now in a different way, I tried instead using an empty
OpenVPN client 'Interface IP', which says "For TLS VPNs, the interface IPs
are assigned by the server pool.", in which case I got:

- the same lack of routing to the LAN

- I do get OpenVPN client error "ERROR: FreeBSD route add command failed:
shell command exited with error status: 1"

- I don't get OpenVPN client error "openvpn[12906]: WARNING: using
--pull/--client and --ifconfig together is probably not what you want"

Pete Boyd