On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 5:53 PM, Paul Peziol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there plans for snort or replacment in the 1.3 verions or what can I do
> as a replacement for it. I was planning on putting it in on a network that
> has a few webservers on it to help secure it alittle more. Any
> recommendations are appreciated

If a maintainer comes forward it can be brought back in 1.2 and 1.3 at
any time. Packages aren't release-specific (for the most part), they
can be added to stable and/or development releases. I consider this a
high priority for return, but it'll be months before I have time to
look into it and I'm not aware of any of our existing developers with
interest in bringing it back in the immediate future. starting a
bounty on the forum might change another developer's interest level.