ah, i don't have any 1:1 nat entries, or static routes for this firewall issue. so when the traffic hits the WAN interface perhaps it's not always finding it's way to the voip box in the dmz?

i have added a 1:1 mapping as follows:

Interface       External IP                     Internal IP       Description

WAN            216.181.136.7/32         10.0.0.1/32      VoIP Box

where 10.0.0.1/32 is the ip of the DMZ interface.

should that be sufficient?

i can see why some of the traffic was not making it through since i only had a rule to allow traffic from 216.181.136.7 but no port forwarding, static routes or 1:1 nat entries.

thanks,

-phil