Thanks guys. I'm going to try a few of these suggestions and I'll report back later today.

-Phil G

On Sep 4, 2008, at 11:00 AM, "Reza Ambler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Phil,
I had a significant amount of VoIP issues earlier this year and found a few ways to combat some of the issue you're describing here. First, you can try switching the phones into TCP mode or using a STUN server with them.

Have you given siproxd a shot? Install it in your router and point your phones to siproxd on the router, it should help mitigate a lot of these issues you're having.
Hope this helps,
-Reza

-----Original Message-----
From: BSD Wiz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 5:36 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] rule not working correctly

yes, it's causing problems. my phone won't ring when it get's
blocked. that's exactly how i figured out it was getting blocked,
people where telling me they were calling me but my phone never rang.
i then went back and looked in the log files and noticed that the
call was getting blocked.

thanks,

-phil