On Oct 1, 2008, at 5:18 PM, BSD Wiz wrote:
have rules to allow allow traffic out on port 80 and 443. I have also(just to be sure) allowed *ALL* traffic out from my static ip on my macbook. Problem is I can't get to the site subaru.com.

I'm also jumping in late to the thread. Have you tried disabling "pf scrub" (from system advanced settings in pfsense)? There are several Linux kernel versions with a bug which prevents them from exchanging traffic through scrubbing pf packet filtering. If subaru is running an affected kernel for their webservers that could be the problem. The problem manifests in a similar fashion to MTU problems, where you can establish a socket fine but the connection dies as soon as you try to pass any real data.