I believe pfSense 1.2 is based on FreeBSD 6.2 not 4.x.
# uname -a
FreeBSD firewall1.rndcomputing.com 6.2-RELEASE-p11 FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p11
#0: Sun Feb 24 16:32:58 EST 2008
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj.pfSense/usr/src/sys/pfSense.6 i386

I think it may have to due with the latency from the DSL line, you should
play around with the shaping a bit more. It took a bit of tuning for me to
get it where I like it. You may want to set higher priorities for traffic
connections to youtube.com, etc...