On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Graham Freeman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've been meaning to post a follow-up to my similar post from last week...
> We had huge problems with traffic shaping that I was only able to resolve by
> switching to m0n0wall v1.3b15 (based on FreeBSD 6.x, vs. the 1.2-stable
> series which is based on FreeBSD 4.x). Since I did that, performance has
> been great.    It's disappointing, since I was enthused about using CARP on
> pfSense, but perhaps another day.

Don't know what problems you saw specifically, but there are a number
of limitations with the shaper in 1.2 that make it unsuitable for many
environments (primarily if you have > 2 interfaces, then you shouldn't
be using it at all). The shaper has been rewritten in 1.3 to address
these issues and should work well for any environment (though I'm sure
there are some issues to be sorted out with it also, it's alpha).