Paul Mansfield wrote:
JJB wrote:
I, and some of our users are getting very slow, modem like upload speeds
on OpenVPN from home - using Tunnelblick on my DSL (6mbit down 768 up).
Download speed is OK - about 560kbps. The WAN link I am connected to is
3mbit in both directions. This might be a mac-only issue, not sure, I
haven't heard any complaints from Windows OpenVPN users.

could it be traffic shaping by your ISPs?

check ping RTT from remote workers, with standard and large payloads?

have you blocked PMTU on your firewall/openvpn server?

I've never experimented with altering the ping payload, however, here is what I saw when I tested (before I posted the thread starter)

Pinging the LAN server with the samba share that I'm copying to:

25ms ping time with no upload happening from my home workstation)
900 - 1200ms ping time when copying a file

Destination server is Centos machine running SAMBA

- Joel