I had a similar issue. Edit /conf/config.xml and restart the firewall. Their isnt an interface to lock the network speed on ethernet interfaces.

Here is a chunk of XML from my config file. You need to add the media and mediaopt parameters.

               <wan>
                       <if>fxp0</if>
                       <mtu/>
                       <media>100baseTX</media>
                       <mediaopt>full-duplex</mediaopt>
                       <bandwidth>100</bandwidth>
                       <bandwidthtype>Mb</bandwidthtype>
                       <spoofmac/>
                       <ipaddr>123.123.123.122</ipaddr>
                       <subnet>30</subnet>
                       <gateway>123.123.123.121</gateway>
               </wan>

Regards,

Duncan

Dimitri Rodis wrote:

What's the preferred method of forcing a NIC to 100Mb Full Duplex using pfSense? The only things I've managed to come across in my searches is "why would you want to do that" and "your NIC is b0rk3d" and "switch the cable."

The ISP (Cox) requires that interfaces plugged into their Atrica units be hard set to 100 Full (for good reason). And yes, personally I've seen Intel 1000T Server adapters auto negotiate with these Atrica units randomly to either 100 half or 10 half, so the standard auto-detect isn't going to cut it for this unit. (Cox uses these units in a metro SONET ring in Las Vegas). I would rather not have to go get some junk 8 port managed switch just to force a speed/duplex if it's possible to do in the pfSense config.

Dimitri Rodis

Integrita Systems LLC