Fail over works just fine.  Just set it up in the loadbalancer pool as
failover,  Just put them in the order you want first to last.
-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Hall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thu 11/6/2008 6:45 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: [pfSense Support] Multi Wan Load Balancing / Fail over weighted?

I have configured Multi Wan Load Balancing with Fail over working on
Pfsense 1.2.1 RC2 all appears to work well but I have a question.

Is it possible to weight the connections or have fail over without Load
Balancing?

My reason for asking is I have a fibre connection into my office from
our ISP and a backup ADSL2 line through another ISP. The backup line has
download limits (30 gig per month) before I incur either severe shaping
or huge costs. My main line is very reliable and more than fast enough
but once in a while it does go down and people start to panic so I was
hoping to either weight the load balancing to something like 90% fibre
and 10% ADSL2 or failing that have a setup where the ADSL only kicks in
once the fibre is down. At the moment I just turn off the ADSL2 router
as we approach our limit and plug it back in if there is an outage but
the office is open 24/7 and fate would have it that if there is an
outage it happens when I'm sleeping.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance.

Duncan