From: "Paul Mansfield" <it-admin-pfse...@taptu.com>
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 8:24 AM
To: <support@pfsense.com>
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] FAILURE - READ_DMA48 status

Alexandre F. Guimaraes wrote:
I´ve new brand machine, since I put the new PfSense RC4, I got this error.

Dec 19 22:00:01     kernel: ad4: FAILURE - READ_DMA48
status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR> error=4<ABORTED> LBA=383226479
Dec 19 22:00:01     kernel: ad4: WARNING - READ_DMA48 UDMA ICRC error
(retrying request) LBA=383226479

What does this error exactly means?

I´ve read some google search, and user solve this problem unconnecting
the DVDROM, why?

Can one iluminate my day?

I presume /dev/ad4 is your dvd/cd drive? Did you MD5 check the CD after
burning? try burning at lower speed?