On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 9:37 PM, Alexandre F. Guimaraes
<alexandre.fguimar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Paul, I forgot to tell, this problem occurs after a fresh install of
> PfSense, after some hours running ok, the problem appears on monitor screen
> and pfsense system log.
>
> The system continues running fine but this problem happens one or two times
> per day....

What is ad4?  Check dmesg on status.php shortly after booting.  If
it's your hard drive, it could be either a dying drive or a FreeBSD
bug specific to your hardware. If it's a DVD or CD drive, a workaround
is probably to disconnect the drive.

To attempt to get a resolution, you can try a stock FreeBSD 7.0 on it
and you should be able to replicate the same problem. Then you can
report it to the appropriate FreeBSD list. We can't fix hardware
related OS issues.