:-)
-Karl
(der Käfer)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rainer Duffner" <rai...@ultra-secure.de>
To: <support@pfsense.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2009 10:29 AM
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] 1.2.2 released

Am 11.01.2009 um 17:22 schrieb Karl Fife:

Just upgraded to 1.2.2 this morning

2
Question: Is the traffic shaper the same between 1.2 and 1.2.1 & 1.2.2 I was 'beating' on the shaper & VOIP this morning. Upwards of 15 simultaneous G.711 calls (no packet-loss concealment features like g.726) while simultaneously 'pegging' the nominal maximum of the pipe as configured in the shape. I couldn't introduce any human- perceptible jitter. Is 1.2.2 Still using PF? I want to say that I recall a move to IPTables was anticipated at some point. Has that happened?

I don't think you can form a positive sentence with "iptables" and "sense".
;-)

Besides, iptables is linux-only. Just like pf is BSD-only.
(Well, strictly speaking, there seems to be Core Force: http://force.coresecurity.com/index.php?module=base&page=about - but I don't know how well it's maintained and I don't use Windows at all anyway...)

Rainer