Tell them to use a worthwhile browser. The reason the SVG graphs don't
work is because IE is the only browser that doesn't come with SVG
integrated and for whatever reason the plugin has issues if you force
authentication with HTTPS. See the 1.2.2 release announcement for
details. This is a known problem with IE, and the only way to fix it
is to not require authentication to see the graphs. We're not going to
do that for the sake of supporting IE.

Sound reasoning.  I agree that it's the right choice.

Am I correct in my
understanding that the auth is NOT sent across the network in clear text
even when using HTTP?

No.
So to clarify, that would be to say auth IS sent in clear text across the network, when using HTTP web admin ?

Thanks & keep up the outstanding work!