----- "Scott Ullrich" <sullr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 7:50 PM, k_o_l <k_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > Is there a known issue between Pfsense, Asterisk,  and Nat
> traversal? The
> > reason I ask is, I’ve noticed a one-way-audio problem when using
> Pfsense and
> > no problem when using different product namely FortiGate.
>
> Common issue.  Static port needs to be disabled in Firewall -> NAT ->
> Advanced outbound nat
>
> Scott

> Commercial support available - https://portal.pfsense.org

Yessssss. I'll second this. We had some huge problems with a SIP application
involving Asterisk and pfSense. Simply enabling Advanced Outbound NAT fixed the
issue. I believe pfSense does source port randomization to be more secure but
it does tend to break things like SIP. Please post if you have further
questions!

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.