Thanks, and yes I am applying changes. It seems to be that action (reloading
the firewall rules) that causes the problem.

I don't know too much about the BSD internals of PFSense but I have been using
it for a while (and m0n0wall for embedded applications) and am reasonably
familiar with how it is supposed to work, which is why I'm a little frustrated
by this problem. I am thinking of rebuilding the system from fresh and
configuring it again, it's not a very complex setup.

Graeme Evans
Technical Manager
KCS Computer Solutions
e: graeme.ev...@kcssolutions.co.uk
w: www.kcssolutions.co.uk
t: 017687 75526
f: 017687 75636
a: Packhorse Court, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 5JB
Keswick Computer Services Ltd. trading as KCS Computer Solutions (Registered in
England & Wales)
Company Number: 4533301
VAT Number: GB734 732 432
This email and any attachments are confidential.  It may contain privileged
information and is intended for the named recipient(s) only.  It must not be
distributed without consent.  If you are not one of the intended recipients,
please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose, distribute, or retain
this email or any part of it.

Unless expressly stated, opinions in this email are those of the individual
sender, and not of Keswick Computer Services Ltd.  Legally binding obligation
can only arise for, or be entered into on behalf of, Keswick Computer Services
Ltd by duly authorised representatives.
Keswick Computer Services Ltd excludes any liability whatsoever for any offence
caused, any direct or consequential loss arising from the use, or reliance on,
this e-mail or its contents.  We believe but do not warrant that this e-mail
and any attachments are virus free.  You must therefore take full
responsibility for virus checking.  Keswick Computer Services Ltd reserve the
right to scan all e-mail communications through its network.