On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 12:42 AM, Tim Dressel <tjdres...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We've been playing around at work with binding multiple IP's to the
> WAN interface so that we can port forward the same ports from
> different IP's to different services on the LAN side.
>
> Has anyone ever seen when you add a second virtual IP, and then create
> the NAT on the second (also creating the rule at the same time) for
> PFSense to hard crash and reboot?

Using CARP VIPs?  CARP can be finicky, if you don't do things exactly
a certain way, it'll panic. The system should prevent all of those
things though, most were fixed in 1.2 RCs and earlier, though if
you're using VLANs there's another fix in 1.2.1 for some scenarios.
Should be impossible to panic with CARP on the latest version if
you're doing everything through the GUI.