Greetings all-

I have a situation where I need to have firewall rules for a particular host
that has a dynamic IP address(PPPoE ADSL). Unfortunately, getting a static IP
is cost prohibitive at this point. When there is a power outage or after x
number of days, the IP address changes on the connection. My thought was to
write a script that would automagically check for the public IP, and if it is
changed, then update the firewall rule using curl to submit the form and then
reload the rules. Is there a better way to do this or any unforseen caveats to
doing it the way I described?

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.