> You shouldn't use the parent interface generally. Don't think that's
> related though. You losing connectivity from the firewall to the
> gateway? You're far from uncharted territory, the several boxes I've
> worked on that have 6-12 WANs all use VLANs as WANs.
>
> You may need negate rules for anything not reachable via the specified
> gateway, when you specify a gateway it forces traffic to that gateway.
> Those are automatically added generally but you could be doing
> something that's overriding that.

> Commercial support available - https://portal.pfsense.org
>
> Sorry, your comments have confused me just a bit. I have two physical WAN
connections that are doing failover and one LAN interface with vlans under
it. I want those vlans to use the failover rather than just the default
gateway. Is this not a standard thing to do? If it won't work like this, I
suppose I could do some routing on my switch to eliminate the vlans at
pfsense. I just thought pfsense would be able to handle that.