Jesse Vollmar wrote:

    Nope, that helps alot.  So, you already have one VLAN interface using

    a load balancing rule correct?  When you try to setup another VLAN

    interface for load balancing it breaks?

It is breaking when I try to setup the first load balancing rule. It will work as expected for a few minutes, then stops.
        So your LAN is assigned to VLAN not to physical em0 or bge0 or
        whatever? And you have no LAN, WAN, OPTx assigned to this
        physical one?

I just recently configured the vlan interfaces on a router that had em0 assigned to LAN. I haven't changed that because I didn't know it was a problem, and you are required to have a LAN interface. Do I need to get my vlans on a NIC that doesn't have LAN assigned to it?
Wait a sec. You configured the vlan interfaces on a router but what about pfSense side?