----- "Dominic" <vamp...@vortex.co.za> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm hoping someone can assist me in getting Polycom's PVX software to work
> from behind PFsense.
> I am trying to connect a Windows machine with the Polycom software (PVX) to a
> Polycom unit with
> a WAN IP (Polycom).
>
> The problem I experience is that the site with the Polycom unit can see the
> cam and hear the
> audio of the PVX client. But the PVX client cannot see or get audio from the
> Polycom unit.
>
> I have added all the port forwards as per the PVX software an example of
> which is below:
>
> WAN TCP/UDP 1503 LANIP (ext.: WANIP) 1503 PVX
>
> These were added using Firewall -> Nat and also allowing the firewall rule to
> be auto created.
>
> I have checked the States on the PFSense box and many of those relating to
> the Polycom units IP
> show as: SINGLE:NO_TRAFFIC
>
> The Polycom unit previously connected and worked fine with the same PVX
> client machine which
> was based behind a IPCOP firewall. The only change has been the replacement
> of IPCOP with PFSense.
> IPCOP required no port forwards and setting my PFSense WAN IP on the Windows
> machine resolves the
> problem which indicates the problem is within my PFSense config...
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Dominic.

Try using Manual Outbound NAT and setting Static Port to YES. By default,
pfSense uses a random source port on outbound NAT as a security measure but
this can severly screw with some protocols. Changing those options alleviates
many of the issues I face with SIP or other 'noisy' protocols behind pfSense.
It may work for you as well.

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.