Seth Mos wrote:

Lenny schreef:

But I would really like to ask again, as this is very important: will replacing the PCI-X NIC with PCI-e one give some boost in performance?

Unlikely, there is little reason to switch. The theoretical bandwidth cases are not too helpful.

The intel dual port pci-e cards are x4 ~ (4 * 250MB/s)
The intel dual port pci-x card is 64bit 133 mhz is ~ 1000MB/s

So, no you are not likely to see any improvement. If any, I suspect it's more of a chipset thing.

Regards,

Seth

You're kind of taking this last hope from me:)

Then what are the options for someone who has traffic more than pfSense can take? For a example, a streamer with packet length of 1840 and 50kpps, that's 700Mb.
Is there a possibility of some sort of pfSense cluster?
Because as far as I understand, I have one of the fastest CPUs on the market, not counting the i7 and I still can't pass more than 50kpps with a packet length of 600, and that's just image files.

Thanks,

Lenny.