Chris
Thanks. I suspected this as I am a pfsense loyal for over 4 years. Some things
are best kept unknown!! Thanks again for quick response.

--- On Sun, 11/29/09, Chris Buechler <c...@pfsense.org> wrote:

From: Chris Buechler <c...@pfsense.org>
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] Power Question for pfsense
To: support@pfsense.com
Date: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 2:20 PM

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Anil Garg <garg_art2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a headless pfsense 1.23 box powering my home network with a wired
> setup.
> We had a power glitch after which it was stuck and not booking with the sonic
> pleasure of clear boot sound and neither were internet access working etc...
>
> I switched off and connected to another monitored and booted and it said RW
> mode mount not possible etc etc. Then it cleaned up the file system and we
> are good.

It automatically does that when needed. I always intentionally yank
the plug on my systems just to see if I can ever break it and after
easily thousands of unsafe shut downs I've never had a box not come
back up just fine on its own. I guess you couldn't see why it didn't
get through fsck properly without having a monitor on it before, so
there's no telling what happened.