On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 11:21:32AM +0200, Peter Todorov (pmi...@gmail.com) wrote

> So the code will be overwritten on reboot - right?

The actual pf code, yes - the xml config is where permanent
configuration is kept. (Caveat: I haven't read the code
very thoroughly yet, I only downloaded pfSense first time
yesterday, so I may have missed something obvious.)

> If so one simple script that copy the file before rebooting and one
> script that overwrite original file after boot. Is this sound any
> sense?

I guess that'd be possible, but in this case modifying filter.inc
as I did and putting the changes in the xml file seems easier.
It's also more consistent with the rest of the stuff and might
allow patching the GUI later without breaking anything or
having to undo any ugly hacks.

--
Tapani Tarvainen