----- Original Message ----- From: "Fabian Abplanalp" <fabian.abplan...@bug.ch>
To: <support@pfsense.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2010 1:50 PM
Subject: [pfSense Support] VLAN Setup

Sawadeekap

Question... I have currently a LAN with 2 VLANs (default and VLAN99 for a guest WLAN). Default uses pfSense with portforwarding etc., the VLAN99 uses a separate pfSense ALIX with its own LAN Subnet and WAN address. Would it be possible to run all this on the same pfSense box?

Setup:

VLAN1 (default) 172.22.0.0/16 -> LAN Interface pfSense Box1 -> WAN x.y.z.34
VLAN99 (guests) 192.168.x.0/24 -> LAN Interface with VLAN99 pfSense Box2 -> WAN
x.y.z.35

Of course I want the VLAN99 to use another (VirtualIP?) for outgoing, because I don't want guests to make the public IP of VLAN1 "dirty"...

Thanks for any suggestions.

Fabian

I don't see a managed switch in here - is there one?

I thought a managed switch was a pre-requisite for VLAN's, as is one pfSense
box (or equivalent).

The very helpful definitive guide to pfSense details VLAN setup, which to my reading would help you. To my mind it is really essential reading for most pfSense users, unless they have vast FreeBSD experience...