----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Mortimer" <rmorti...@bluechiptechnology.co.uk>
To: <support@pfsense.com>
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 10:20 PM
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] Bottleneck for some reason?

=Traffic shaping enabled?

Yes!  OK now disabled, that's doubled it to 8Mbps.  As its evening
here it might be high traffic cutting it down from 10 to 8, I'll
try again during a lower demand time.
Thanks Chris.   Out of interest wouldn't a larger CPU increase the
shapers limits?  (there was little difference in the 400 and 500,
I would have expected some difference?)
Last test from http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/ was 9.5Mbps, so I guess that's
the answer.  (Looks to read book's traffic shaper section....)

From my memory you tell the shaper the bandwidth of your connection it order for it to work. As a result the value set here is you upper limit regardless of CPU

qwanroot  0  No 2000 Kb   qwanRoot
qlanroot  0  No 4000 Kb   qlanRoot

Now that seems significant.  It is such a long time ago since I ran that wizard
I'd forgotten that bit!

Thanks guys.