Hello,

Am Samstag, den 13.02.2010, 11:01 +0100 schrieb Markus Winkler:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new here and would like to ask you something about the use of
> pfSense on embedded devices, especially on PC Engines WRAP/ALIX boards.
>
> In the wiki I read that there are a) some functional limitations and b)
> a special handling of booting necessary when using WRAP boards (which I
> used a long time together with m0n0wall and still have some unused ones).
>
> My question: will I have the same "problems" when using the newer ALIX
> boards or does this platform working without the WRAP limitations? If
> running on ALIX is possible without these issues then I rather would buy
> new boards than using the old WRAPs.

I don't have a WRAP but I use the 4G pfSense 1.2.3 nanobsd image with an
ALIX.2D2 as WiFi access point.

There are only the limitations of the nanobsd versus a full installation
on the ALIX if you install on a compact flash card.

For me the ALIX is a nice piece of hardware that get enterprise features
with pfSense. Very nice to configure with the GUI. I love it.

So I think if you can handle the NanoBSD booting problem you should try
it before buying new hardware.
It is well documentet at
http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/NanoBSD_on_WRAP

--