----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Buechler" <cbuech...@gmail.com>
To: <support@pfsense.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:41 PM
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] PPTP Connected?

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 5:39 AM, Tortise <tort...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
Hi
Using 1.2.3-RELEASE (embedded) I have a PPTP server configured and I can
connect remotely however I still cannot "connect" with anything on the LAN.
I think the issue is the IP assigned to remote connections is remotely said
to be 255.255.255.255 while the LAN is using 255.255.255.0, the IP address
assigned seems OK.

That's normal. You're probably missing a firewall rule on the PPTP tab.

There is a pass * rule under the PPTP VPN firewall tab for TCP, perhaps it should be "all"? I'd have thought TCP would allow browsing on the LAN web servers though, which fails.