----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Buechler" <cbuech...@gmail.com>
To: <support@pfsense.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:41 PM
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] PPTP Connected?

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 5:39 AM, Tortise <tort...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
Hi
Using 1.2.3-RELEASE (embedded) I have a PPTP server configured and I can
connect remotely however I still cannot "connect" with anything on the LAN.
I think the issue is the IP assigned to remote connections is remotely said
to be 255.255.255.255 while the LAN is using 255.255.255.0, the IP address
assigned seems OK.

That's normal. You're probably missing a firewall rule on the PPTP tab.

With a bit of list help it seems not so much a missing rule, but rather a rule
that was too tight.

The rule says "Hint: in most cases, you should specify TCP  here."

It seems somewhat more than the TCP rule is required in my case. I'll do some more testing to clarify which is required, however "*" works well of course! If anyone wants to know more of what I find works then let me know.

Btw it makes me wonder if the rules tightened up in a recent version here, as this used to work with the TCP rule on its own in the past?