On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Bao Ha <b...@hacom.net> wrote:

> Padlock does not have an issue that we know of! We have sold hundreds
> of VIA C7 systems with Padlock running pfSense. If it was a problem,
> we would have asked Chris B. to fix it.

I haven't seen it on any hardware that you guys sell, Bao. In fact our
primary colocation facility is running behind one VIA system from
Hacom and uses the Padlock with IPsec and OpenVPN with 0 problems.
Same for my primary firewall, and one other system I'm running in
production, and those of many of our support customers. Never seen a
problem on any of them.

I'm not sure if it's actually padlock related, and it definitely does
not affect all hardware with padlock as I've never seen it on a
variety of hardware from Hacom that run in some heavy duty roles, but
there have been at least a couple reports on the forum of people
seeing this after upgrading to a version that added back padlock
(without an accompanying FreeBSD version change IIRC).