Chris Buechler wrote:
On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Ryan <radiote...@aaremail.com> wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Buckmaster [mailto:g...@s4f.com]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2010 3:24 PM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] Multiwan and DNS forwarder

Actually, the easier way to do this is to use policy routes.
Create aliases called ISP1DNS and ISP2DNS and put the
appropriate DNS server IPs in those two aliases.  Then create
firewall rules on your LAN
interface(s) above any load balancing rules which will match
DNS traffic to the appropriate DNS servers and select the
appropriate gateway.

I would think your approach would work if the end computer was requesting
dns from the real dns server, not using dns forwarding.  I think the DNS
request does not originate from the Lan, but from the router itself.  I may
be wrong in this though.

Yeah, that is correct, if you're using the DNS forwarder you must use
static routes.

Yeah, I missed that requirement on the first read-through. Didn't mean to give you a bum steer.