Hi,

we get issues with pfsense2.0 in LiveCD mode :

Environment:

Tested in "prod" Dell T3400 4Go RAM 2 additionnal gigabit linksys RTxxxx gigabit ethernet card Tested as "spare" Dell Optiplex 620 4Go RAM 2 additionnal Netgear GAxxx gigabit ethernet card

Either external Wan link and internal LAN is Gigabit to ExtremeNetwork Router
Bandwidth is from 30Megabit average and 120 Mega peak

trap 12 : page fault while in kernel mode

cpuid=1 (or cpuid=0) add0x420
code supervisor read , page note present
mst pointer 0x20 :0xc0511e49
stack pointer 0x28 0xc71df878
frame pointer 0x28 0xc71df890

code segment base 0x0, limit 0xffff, type 0x1b

processor efalgs: interrupt enabled, resume, iopl=0
current process: 12(swi5: +)
thread pid 12 tid 64027
topped at pfr-update-stats+0x19
testb $0x4,0x420(%ebx)

How-To-Repeat:

pfsense 2.0 livecd on Dell T3400 4Go RAM 2 additionnal gigabit linksys
RTxxxx card or Dell Optiplex 620 4Go RAM 2 additionnal Netgear GAxxx
gigabit card

Firewall hang responding about random time

Load stay low
Ping stop respondingsuddenly
Cacti (from SNMP) curves show that Swap is about 3Go and Free memory is about 230Mo and drecrease slowly by the time and then aroung 100Mo FW hang

We have noticed also sometimes that Users connected have been around 6 users since there was nobody connected to the FW. So we have some doubt about the Web interface heaviness and compatibility (FF, IE8)

We use hundreds rules and logged ones, dozen Aliases and NAT 1:1, setting are saved on USB1 identical keys, and that's it

We have replace RAM and RAM supplier, hardware is different, additionnal network cards are different by peer

Some ideas

Kind regards
Serge

PS: We already have ask FreeBSD :