You are correct, the public ip is local on our LAN port.

i did try that before, and have gone back to it

I think when I thought I switched them , I just switched one and then switched it back. didnt look like settings took place till i reset states. i waited for about 3 minutes, and didnt see a difference, so i reset the states and now that ip is not transmitting any outbound traffic but seemes to still pull inbound traffic now. wondering if some arp poisoning is going on.

I did what i needed to do for the time being though. much appreciated.

-chris