From: Mehma Sarja [mailto:mehmasa...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 2:23 PM
To: pfsense
Subject: [pfSense Support] Enclosure recommendations for a Mini ITX Motherboard

I've been following the hardware threads comparing embedded versus more
horsepower systems and came to the conclusion that I'd stick with my embedded
Alix board because it is stable and low-power. Recently, however, I am seeing
botnet attempts, reported via OpenDNS, against my home network. So, I want to
run Snort. And here I'd need horsepower.

I researched an earlier post of "SUPERMICRO MBD-X7SPE-H-O Mini ITX Intel Atom"
board and it looks like a good option. Albeit a bit expensive. It can handle 4
GB RAM. So the question is what kinds of enclosures are good for this
form-factor? I'll probably go with a laptop drive. The enclosures at my local
Fry's all look pretty flimsy and crappy.

Mehma