On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 06:49:55PM -0700, Mehma Sarja wrote:

> This is getting interesting, someone on the list mentions that 2.5"
> drives are not reliable for 24x7x365 situations - so are you using a

This is not about the form factor, but how the drive is rated.
In fact, most enterprise drives are 2.5" these days, with up
to 15 krpm. Of course these are all SAS, and I'm not a big
friend of VelociRaptors.

Of course a solid state drive is completely immune to vibration,
and I *suspect* it would tolerate higher (or lower) operation temperature
better than than drive containing moving, lubricated parts which
necessarily narrow operational range.