On 12/9/2010 6:13 PM, David Miller wrote:
> On 12/9/10 6:01 PM, Jim Pingle wrote:
>> It's in the book. Page 291, section 14.10 PPTP Routing Tricks.
>
> Great reply and unbelievably quick too!  Thanks Jim.
>
> 291/292 describe how to tell the pfsense box about routes the vpn client
> has access to.

No, 290/291 (at least in the print version I'm holding in my hands) are
how you tell a client which routes are reachable over the PPTP VPN.
Those directions don't tell the pfSense box anything.

The instructions there are for a Windows box, but you could you make a
script on the Mac to do the same thing. I'm not sure if the Mac PPTP
client has a post-connect hook that could call a script like that or
not. If it does then it would be easy to automate. (A basic Google
search seems to indicate it can be done[1])

> I'm looking to automatically advertise selected subnets attached
> (in)directly to the inside of the pfsense box.  Right now it gives my
> mac a second default route - I want the mac to pickup a route to only
> 10.2.1.0/24 via ppp0.

See my previous e-mail, that's exactly the question I answered. :-)
There is no automatic way to advertise routes over PPTP to clients
unless it can be done via RADIUS. (Which is unknown to me)

Jim
[1] http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20060216061850917