On 5/19/11 4:06 AM, Per von Zweigbergk wrote:
On 2011-05-19 12:41, Mehma Sarja wrote:
Never had the need nor opportunity to admin a box remotely - so this
question may be as trivial as ssh in and maintain pf.conf and
config.xml. Any experiences?
Trying to maintain config.xml over SSH is not very fun, although it is possible. I vaguely remember there being some command that will spawn an editor on config.xml, and then save it persistently, reloading the configuration when the editor exited. I might have dreamed that, though.

Unfortunately the area is not wired for the Internet. The only thing they get for 100 - 200 USD per month is sporadic wimax. I am hoping the situation is far better than that when I get there. I am looking at dial in to a kvm switch - a direct phone line.

Mehma