Etan Reisner wrote:

> On protocols that send the message back to you (which I'm assuming MSN
> does) displaying the message before we hear back from the server isn't
> really the right thing to do, imagine the case where the message
triggers
> an error, or is silently dropped by the server (which MSN likes to do
for
> some messages) you are then presented with a scenario where
> you have told the user it was sent correctly but now need to rescind
that
> indication and present them with an error, as opposed to being able to

> simply not display the sent message and instead display the error.
>
> That being said, I am open to suggestions that will satisfy both parts
of
> this.
>
>     -Etan

Hi!

1.) But this is what happens currently. Details:
 - I type a message
 - after I press enter, it appears in the conversation window
 - after a minute an error message about my message failing appears

2.) The delayed own message bug happened again. There was an animated
picture sent by the party before that. Pidgin version 2.5.1 (and the
bundled GTK).

(protocol is MSN)

Regards,
David