I happen to get this error occasionally despite my password being
correct. In this case, I just need to re-enable the account to make it
work again. If retrying logging in a few times doesn't work for you, you
should contact the administrator of your IM server.

Von: Daniel Atallah <datal...@pidgin.im>
An: Thakkar, Maulik (Infosys) <mt...@allstate.com>
Kopie: support@pidgin.im
Betreff: Re: Not Able To Use PIDGIIN
Datum: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 01:06:39 -0400

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 12:29 AM, Thakkar, Maulik (Infosys)
<mt...@allstate.com> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thanks for your input.
> I am using correct credential but facing same issue.
>
> My IT department means which role to be contacted?
> I thought support@pidgin.im is having some sort of user guide to set the
> messenger or work flow to resolve issue if there is any.

The issue you're encountering is effectively a "username or password
incorrect" error related to authenticating to your corporate server.
Either the username/password is incorrect, you've set up something
incorrectly related to your account settings or the account isn't
actually present on the server - basically it is something specific to
your corporate environment which we don't know about, so you need to
ask the people who do (your IT folks).

-D