From: Rodger Bell <arl...@iprimus.com.au>
To: support@pidgin.im
Subject: Pidgin not connecting to Yahoo IM
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 12:56:45 +1000

Hello

I am running Pidgin 2.4.1 on Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 LTS
I used to be able to access chat for both MSN & Yahoo
But for some reason now I cannot access Yahoo in Pidgin in Linux but can
in Yahoo Messaging client in MSWindows

Would anyone know what might have changed ?
I have tried removing the Yahoo account in Pidgin & re-adding.....I can
see the account but it is greyed out now
I have also removed Pidgin altogether from Linux & re-installed but
still no luck

Help....

regards
Rodger

--- Begin Message ---
Hi Jennifer

I changed the Pager Server as you suggested & that worked for a couple
of days but tonight (I am not sure what has happened) it is not working
again,,,,,,but this time it cannot connect at all using the server name
you listed below in Pidgin in Linux.......but I can still connect to ym
in MSWindows

Any ideas ?

regards
Rodger

change the Pager Server (in the Advanced options by your Yahoo account)
to cs101.msg.mud.yahoo.com.

Jennifer

Rodger Bell schrieb:
> Hello
>
> I am running Pidgin 2.4.1 on Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 LTS
> I used to be able to access chat for both MSN & Yahoo
> But for some reason now I cannot access Yahoo in Pidgin in Linux but
> can in Yahoo Messaging client in MSWindows
>
> Would anyone know what might have changed ?
> I have tried removing the Yahoo account in Pidgin & re-adding.....I
> can see the account but it is greyed out now
> I have also removed Pidgin altogether from Linux & re-installed but
> still no luck
>
> Help....
>
> regards
> Rodger