Do you mean placed in the message or in the subject line?

slnth...@aol.com wrote:

I asked about this a few months ago.
I think it would be better if [Pidgin] was appended to each message in
the mailing list.
The other lists i subscribe to do this already.
It helps me to differentiate between spam and legitimate mail.

Jesse
slnth...@aol.com
www.SilentHeroProductions.com

Steve VanSlyck wrote:
Hey guys,

As a spamcop user the subject line is the first think I look at in assessing whether a message is spam.

It would be a tremendous help if the list would append something like [Pidgin] to the front of the subject line for a message if it isn't already there. Many lists do this.

Otherwise, messages with subject lines like "Can U help me" can easily get reported as spam, with unintended potential consequences for the sender.