On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 11:58, Karen Luce <karen.l...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi, first off, I have addressed all these issues with our local IT.  Noone
> can explain the sound.  Pigeon is quite limited with the options to select
> sound and everything that is reasonable is selected.
>
> The sound I chose is tada and yes, it plays fine in the preview mode.
>
> Ironically, right now the sound is working.  So maybe when I re-installed
> this morning it finally took.  Im not holding my breath though as yesterday
> it was working then would go silent for no reason in middle of conversation.
>
> Ill just accept this as a gift and let it be.
>
> Can you as Pigeon experts ...explain why the sound would disappear even
> though all the selections are checked, preview plays fine etc.
>
> If it is not our Beehive server what causes this?  I sent a message corporate
> wide to see if anyone else has experienced this and only one person replied
> back their sound was working. Everyone else said their sounds do not work or
> is sporadic.

Note, it is "Pidgin", not "Pigeon".

It isn't possible for us to guess why you're experiencing problems.
This isn't a problem that others have reported, so I assume that it is
something related to how you're using it or your system configuration.

You really sent an email Oracle-wide about this?  I find that hard to believe.

If you capture a debug log (http://d.pidgin.im/wiki/TipsForBugReports)
from when the issue is occurring, perhaps that will provide some sort
of information that can be used to figure out what the problem is.

-D